Saddling up on 22 December...
"The magazine is really cool and clever anyway, but this Django issue sounds fantastic," says Quentin Tarantino. "I can't wait to see it..."
Your copy's in the post, QT. Saddle up with LWLies this festive season and discover the magazine that Tarantino is dying to get his hands on.
Lassoing inspiration from the writer/director's Southern-fried Spaghetti Western Django Unchained – a brutal revenge saga starring Jamie Foxx, Christoph Waltz and Leonardo DiCaprio – LWLies swaggers into the wild, wild, West to pay homage to the greatest genre of them all. Highlights include:
– Films, fear, feet: Quentin Tarantino talks exclusively to LWLies about his quest to be remembered as one of the greatest directors of all time.
– Bang, bang, he shot me down: Django Unchained's legendary special-effects expert breaks down the bloody anatomy of a movie gunshot.
– Discover the real Django: an original graphic novel about the amazing true story of a black slave who became an Injun-killin', steer-wranglin', whiskey-sluggin' cowboy.
– Franco Nero: the legendary actor who inspired Django Unchained reveals what it's like to be worshiped by Tarantino (and what's in Luis Buñuel's lunch box).
– Western spaghetti: what is Tarantino's favourite film and how did it influence six decades of cinema?
There's more, of course, including definitive reviews of the best theatrical releases coming your way in the New Year: Judd Apatow accepts This Is 40; Ang Lee ponders Life Of Pi; Daniel Day-Lewis is Lincoln; Kathryn Bigelow declassifies Zero Dark Thirty; Pablo Larraín and Gael García Bernal say No; Denzel Washington takes Flight; the Wachowski brothers chart Cloud Atlas; Naomi Watts does The Impossible; John Hawkes and Helen Hunt schedule The Sessions and Terrence Malick journeys To The Wonder.
LWLies 45: The Django Unchained issue hits newsstands on Saturday 22 December. Subscribe today to make sure you get your hands on a copy.